top of page

TN Visas for Canadian and Mexican Professionals

About TN Visas

What Does

the TN Visa Do?

The TN visa allows professionals from Canada and Mexico to live and work in the US. There are many different positions within the US that can be filled by Mexican and Canadian professionals, including engineers, lawyers, scientists, management consultants, physicians, nurses, and teachers. The list of qualifying professions is long; contact us to learn if your job qualifies you for a TN visa. The initial period of stay for a TN visa is up to 3 years, but this can be extended in three year increments as long as you remain qualified for the visa.


Dependents of TN visa holders are eligible to come on a TD visa.

  • You must be a Canadian or Mexican national.

  • You must be coming to work in one of the TN professions listed here.

  • You must have the necessary qualifications for the job.

Canadian nationals coming to the US in TN status can apply directly at the border or other point of entry. There is no need to apply with USCIS or a US consulate in Canada ahead of time.

Mexican nationals coming to the US in TN status can apply directly to a US consulate in Mexico and do not have to file a petition with USCIS ahead of time. Mexican nationals are not permitted to apply at the border or other point of entry in the US.

If you are already in the US, you may be able to change your status to TN without having to depart the US.

How Do I Qualify?

We take an efficient approach to preparing TN visa applications and prioritize the speed at which a professional can begin working in the US. Our priority is to minimize the amount of time between your job offer in the United States and your first day of work. After completing your application package, we ensure that you are well-prepared for the complicated procedures you will face when applying at a border crossing or at a consulate. Our goal is to get you here as soon as possible and facilitate cross-border employment in accordance with the free trade treaty between the US, Mexico, and Canada. 

Our Approach

Have questions?

Want to get started?

Contact us today for a consultation and start planning your future in the US

bottom of page